Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Teaching That Which Isn't Taught

Michael, John and I have had several conversations recently about "teaching that which isn't taught", that which assists us in loving and caring for ourselves and each other. The Love, Loss, & Forgiveness Project "teaches" us how to do this.

May I suggest, for those of us who teach children, another source for imparting love and care for ourselves, our co-workers, and children we 'nurture'. It is called 'Nurturing the Spirit in non-sectarian classrooms', by Aline D. Wolf. Written from a Montessori point of view, it is easily used in most educational settings.

Maria Montessori wrote in her 'Education for a New World', "Education should no longer be mostly imparting of knowledge, but must take a new path, seeking the release of human potentialities." (1946)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For me, the Love, Loss and Forgiveness Project opens up that "new path." It gives me a clear road map to follow towards my own gifts and that is the best present that I can give the children I teach. For if I reflect that love and respect for myself, they too will learn to love and respect themselves. What a concept! It is as important as eating and breathing. Thanks for doing this work, it is so important and the world needs this path now, more than ever.

June 17, 2011 3:41 PM

"An International Movement Inspiring the Mortal - Soul - Spirit in us all."

"An International Movement Inspiring the Mortal - Soul - Spirit in us all."